Saturday, December 10, 2016

Disembodied Voice II

Amanda brought her cup to the kitchen and washed it in the sink. It was the longest she had spent in her apartment in the morning, but she enjoyed Todd's company. It was certainly better than the news articles usually read while drinking her protein shake, which could sometimes be downright depressing.

While she rinsed her cup, thoughts about the dream surfaced.
“Is there something on your mind?” Todd asked.

Amanda was a bit startled. She didn't see Todd walk over and stand next to her.

“I.. Uh..” Amanda regained her composure, “I had an unusual dream last night.”

“Really?”

She described her dream to him.

“Did you see who was speaking?” Todd asked after Amanda finished her story.

“No,” Amanda said. “That's just it. The voice seemed to have come out of nowhere.”

Todd nodded, and then there was a long pause.

“Maybe I should see a hypnotist,” Amanda said finally. “I did read that it helped some people recover lost memories.”

Todd balked. “And perhaps have a few planted,” he added.

“Really?” Amanda said a little indignant. She wasn't sure if he was just facetious. “Do you have something against hypnotists?”

“I honestly think it's nothing more than a ruse for entertainment at best,” Todd answered, “Or a complete hoax to defraud any sucker for money at worst.”

Amanda shook her head, slowly.

"It's been over two years," Amanda sighed. "The fact that anything came up at all gives me some hope that maybe, I still have a chance to get some of those memories back. I thought that maybe it could be something that might help work more out."

Todd sighed, "I know, and I'm sorry. But a hypnotist? Perhaps they may encourage you to relax a little, but I doubt they'll do any good."

Amanda was silent for a moment, then nodded. He was right. There wasn't any proof that a hypnotist would be able to bring out old memories.

He took her hand. “Let's go for a walk.”
Post a Comment