Saturday, January 7, 2017

Going Back

Amanda was up early. It mostly was because she couldn't sleep. She felt that she needed to go back to the lake and at that moment, there was a small window of opportunity she must take.

She quietly got out of her room and made her way to Todd's. She knocked on the door. To her surprise, the door opened rather quickly, and Todd looked as if he was already ready for the day.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He asked, genuinely concerned. He stepped aside to let her in.

"No, I'm fine," Amanda responded. "I'm just not tired anymore." She stepped in. He had his laptop open, but it was signed out.

"So what is it?" Todd said.

"I want to go back to the lake," Amanda said. When Todd balked, she said, "I know I've triggered something. I need to go back to see if I can make sense of it."

"Do you know what time it is?"

"The sun will be up in an hour; we don't have to leave for 4 hours to catch our plane."

"People are looking for you-"

"I know," Amanda interrupted, "That's why we need to leave now. No one knows that we are here except the police."

"Even after your doozy of a migraine?" Todd asked.

Amanda hesitated. What if it happens as it did before? What if she passes out again?

"Why don't I go with you in a few months when the dust settles. I'll call the detective ahead of time, and he can keep an eye on things while we check the area out. If you think you will get new information, it's likely he'll be very interested in what you have discovered."

Amanda sighed. He was right. The news did the whole Google Earth zoom to the area by the lake. It's likely that some people are there, checking the place out.  What's more, Amanda could not shake the feeling that she may be putting her friends' life in danger if they went.
Post a Comment