Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hiding Something

Amanda and Todd are sitting on the couch on the coffee table. They were laughing at some YouTube videos that were on his laptop. This particular one was of animals behaving badly.

When the video stopped, Todd Leaned forward to pick another video, "This is another one, but it isn't as mind-numbing." He looked at her and winked as beautiful footage of the stars from NASA's telescopes played on his screen. Todd looked at the stars longingly.

Amanda wasn't watching the video. She was looking at Todd. He seemed to be distant and depressed.

"You haven't cut your hair in a while," Amanda made an attempt to distract him.

It seemed to have worked. Todd snapped out of it and brushed his longer bangs out of his eyes.

"What, You don't like it?" Todd asked, "The shag look is in. At least that's what all of the man magazines say."

Amanda giggled and reached out and tousled Todd's hair. "No, I like it. I do!"

Todd chuckled and grabbed Amanda's wrist and took her hand off his head. In doing so, they got close. For a moment, Amanda can feel his breath on her lips. The held that position for what seemed to be a long moment, then Todd backed off, put his hands on her shoulders, and looked into Amanda's eyes.

"I'm sorry Amanda, there are still some issues…" he started.

"I know, and I've decided to move past them," Amanda interrupted, bringing her hand down to his shoulder, "I may not ever remember who I am, but I do know that…" She stopped. Todd was now looking down. It wasn't what he meant.

"No, I have my own issues," Todd almost whispered it. He then cupped Amanda's face in his hands and put his forehead on hers. "I have a past that I'm not ready to reveal yet. You may not understand now, but you will someday."

He kissed her on the forehead and gathered his things. Amanda was too confused and stunned to say anything. All she could do is just watch him walk out the door.
  
Post a Comment