Sunday, January 1, 2017

Recap

Todd walks in with the detective.

"Hello Amanda," the detective said, "You remember me, right?"

Amanda nodded. In doing so, she started to feel lightheaded again.

Detective Snyder noticed this. "I can come back tomorrow. According to your doctor,  you will need to stay here one more night."

"That’s okay," Amanda said, "I can talk now."

The detective took out his notebook and a pencil.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked.

Amanda had to think about it for a moment. "Well," Started slowly, letting her brain catch up to the present, "We were just getting back. I had to cut it short because my migraine started and I forgot my painkillers." She paused still feeling woozy and confused. "Then there was this car, and two people got out."

"Did you recognize either one of them?"

"One of them I've seen in the coffee shop I frequent." Then Amanda sat up a little, as her memory of her trip returned.

"He was there on the train we took. He must have been stalking me for a while."

"You saw him a lot?"

"No, just at the coffee shop weekly," Amanda sighed, "I didn't think anything of it because plenty of people go there weekly about the same time I do. I didn't think anything when he was on the train because there are lots of people who take the train cross country."

The detective nodded as he scribbled in his notebook.

"So what else do you remember about what happened at the lake?" He asked after a few moments.

"I just remember that two people got out of the car. My head was in a lot of pain. I recognized one of them, but the other I had no clue. He had a foreign accent, but I'm not sure where I've heard it."

The detective nodded again, "Yeah, that's what your friend, Trisha said."

"Then they were all shouting, but everything became jumbled after that," Amanda said.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else? Anything anyone said? Perhaps anything your friend did?"

"Wait, what?" Amanda was wondering what Detective Snyder was insinuating. "She told me that she used a Taser a few minutes ago, but I don't remember what happened."

The detective stood up. "Hmm," he said. Amanda had a feeling that he didn't believe her. He started to say something, then stopped.

"Well," the detective finally said, "Thank you for your time."

Amanda watched him leave. Todd had been standing quietly off to the side. After a moment, Amanda sighed.

"What was that all about?" Amanda asked, "I remembered him being much friendlier the last time I was here."

"Well, things are different, now," Todd said, "Much different."
Post a Comment