Monday, January 23, 2017

Walking out - Twice

Amanda wasn't sure what was going on and had a million questions going through her mind.

How could he just walk out?

What past?

Why won't he tell her?

Why wouldn't he let her help him work things out?

She stood up and looked towards her front door where Todd walked out. In a moment she saw Todd in front of her. He was wearing a black overcoat. His hair was trimmed and he had no scruff.

"Why?" Amanda asked.

"Because it's all dying. I can't stay here to see it happen." Todd was visibly upset about something.

"So you are just going to leave here? Leave me?" Amanda can feel her heart breaking.

"No, you can come with me. Just come with me and get away from all of this!"

"I can't leave!" Amanda now was really upset. "This is where I belong! Is it all over? Maybe, but what you are asking of me is similar to asking me to leave the side of a dying parent."

Todd looked at her sternly, "I'm sorry, I can't stay. Everything is put into motion. There's no stopping now."

With that, he turned to leave out the door, but instead of seeing the back of the well-groomed version of Todd wearing black overcoat leaving the room, she saw back the scruffy-looking Todd in jeans and his red short jacket, leaving her apartment.

Amanda sunk to the floor sobbing. It was nearly uncontrollable. The more she sobbed, the more she felt a familiar energy well up. She looked up in time to feel a rumble and see the lights flicker.

Instinctively she forced herself to stop crying and took a few deep breaths. Then she went into the bathroom and washed her face.

What is going on with me? Amanda thought. What is wrong with me?

She realized that she was exhausted. Perhaps after a night's sleep she'll be able to think more clearly. Amanda knew that emotions can cloud her judgement, and emotions ride high when she was overtired.

Tomorrow, she thought, I may realize that I'm reading too much into this.
Post a Comment