Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Writer's Block

Trisha was curled up on the Love seat and Amanda was on her recliner with her laptop on her lap.

Amanda had set up her blog account and now was working on the layout. On a whim, she did some research and opted to put a donation button on her site, for now.

Now that everything was set, she had to make a first post, but what to post?

"First post, and I already have writer's block," Amanda sighed.

"Just do an introduction post and be honest," Trisha said without looking up from her phone.

Amanda sighed again and put her hand on the keyboard.

It took her a little while to figure it out, but she finally did make a post. It was an introduction, and a summary of their trip with the promise of more elaborate details later.

She wasn't sure how well it will go over, but she set an alarm on her phone to remind her to make a nightly post.

Amanda leaned back on her chair and yawned. "I'm so tired," she said, "I think I'll nap here. Remember to lock up when you go out."

Trisha stopped what she was doing and looked up, somewhat in disbelief.

"You're really that tired?" Trisha asked.

"Yeah," Amanda said. "I mean before I just wanted to zone out, but now I'm suddenly sleepy."

"Then you better sleep." Trisha said, sounding a little concerned. "I'll finish up in just a few minutes."

But Amanda didn't hear her, she was already asleep.
Post a Comment