Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Didn't think of that

"Amanda!" Todd called from down the hall and half-jogged towards her.

Amanda was closing her door to her apartment. After being on her blog all morning, she thought it would be a good time to get the mail.

Amanda turned and waited for him.

"That blog post," He said. He didn't sound happy.

"Yes, what about it?"

"Are you insane? You just told the world that you were going back!"

Amanda still didn't see what the problem is. "I didn't say when just that I needed to. Go re-read my post."

"You think that you, of all people, would know that every day for the next year, there will probably be a crowd waiting for you to show up?"

"People are not that stupid," Amanda said.

Todd crossed his arms, leaned up against the wall and just looked at her.

Amanda sighed. "I'm supposed to put up a 'Thank you to my Supporters' post. At the same time, I will make it clear that I don't know when I will be going, because…" Amanda trailed off, and Todd seemed to have relaxed a little.

"Because saying that I'm going is one thing. Thinking that I'm actually going to do it again, is nerve-wracking. I'm deathly afraid of going back." Amanda admitted. She turned away and hung her head. Todd was the only one she felt comfortable telling this to, but she was just as uncomfortable.

"Oh, hey," Todd stood up and took her left hand when she turned to face him, and he took his hand and placed it on each upper arm. "You will be okay. You will figure it out, and I'll be here to help you if you need it."

Amanda nodded and looked up at him. "Thanks," she said. It wasn't that she didn't trust him, but he didn't know that she'll be okay or be able to figure it out.

Todd reached for his phone and made a call, "Listen," he said, "I won't be able to get there for another hour. No, no real emergency, just a friend needs me right now." Then he hung up.

"How about coffee?" He asked.

At that moment, Amanda realized that she was not over him. Not by a long shot.
Post a Comment