Thursday, March 9, 2017

Blink

Amanda helped Trisha put her things away. Afterward, they decided to go out for ice cream.

They pass by an art show first.

"Afterwards, let's stop here," Trisha said gesturing towards the building.

Amanda nodded in agreement. It was good to be able to go out with her best friend after not seeing her for a while.

Amanda picked out her favorite flavor, chocolate peanut butter chunk in a dish. Trisha got chocolate chip cookie dough in a waffle cone.

"I thought you were going gluten free," Amanda said in a mocking tone and pointed to the cone. "That. Is not. Gluten free."

"I know," Trisha said. "I'm weak, so sue me." With that, she took a lick of her cone and followed Amanda outside.

Amanda chuckled. Trisha will be Trisha, she thought.

At that moment she looked across the street. There stood a familiar looking woman, staring at her. Amanda looked back at her and blinked. The woman was gone.

"What?," Trisha said as she followed Amanda's gaze, "is that moron Lane here?"

"Uh, what?" Amanda said then she realized that it might have been a hallucination. "Um, no. I'm fine. I just thought I saw something odd. My brain is playing tricks on me again."

Trisha shrugged and started to walk towards the art exhibit.

Amanda knew that this was going to be a problem.
Post a Comment