Friday, March 31, 2017

Disappearing Act


"I can't believe someone would do this!" Amanda was angry. Todd was there, quietly listening to her ranting. "I worked hard putting that book together and for what? For someone to live out their sick fantasy that they supposedly know something? To lay claim to ideas that that aren't their own?"

Amanda stopped for a moment to take her laptop out of its bag. She set it on the counter and opened it up.

"It's just as bad as having my apartment broken into. Except this…" She pointed to her laptop that was still loading. She had shut it down the night before. "This is takes no effort. Only a lazy idiot with no real creativity will do this. Even his website screams 'I'm too lazy to actually Google web design principles. Look at me! Look how stupid I am!' "

Todd chuckled. It didn't bother Amanda, who would also make an attempt at some humor to calm herself down.

When her computer finished booting, Amanda loaded up Tor onto her laptop and typed in the site again. However, in place of the website, there was a 'Site not found' error.

"It was there," Amanda said, sounding defeated. All that complaining and nothing to validate her claims.

"I believe you," Todd responded as he looked over her shoulder, "Sometimes sites like this are run off a private computer, rather than a server. These sites only run when their computer is on, so if the computer is off, then the site is gone too."

Amanda nodded. "I guess I'll have to keep trying.. I'll save it to Evernote next time. I really wish I had at least taken a screen shot. I didn't even think of it then" She sighed. "Sometimes, I really wish I could go back in time."
Post a Comment