Sunday, March 5, 2017

Found a Way

Amanda decided that she was going to Vermont as soon as possible. She'll inform Todd, then get the tickets later that day. At least that was the plan.

She heard a knock on the door. She opened it to find Todd smiling broadly.

"I have some really good news and really good news," He said. Amanda stepped aside to let him in but he declined.

"I have a million things to do today and they were all supposed to be done yesterday." Todd explained then continued, "The good news, is that the publishing company contacted me and your book is up for review. "

"But you aren't sure if they're going to publish it," Amanda said.

"At least they didn't just shelve it. Do you know how many submissions there are? Most don't even get looked at."

Amanda nodded, "In that case, that is good news. What's the really good news?"

Todd smiled, "I had a friend who owed me a favor. It turns out that he flies his own jet and charters it out. He agreed to fly us to Vermont when we are ready to go. This means less fuss and we can get away with not telling anyone."

Now this was good news. "Wow," Amanda said, " I was just about to talk to you about that. I'm relieved you found a way."

"So am I," Todd said, "I was concerned that you would have gone without me." He took a step back as if he was going to leave but then stopped. "I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks, so we won't be able to go until I'm done, but we will go. You'll have to be patient."

"I can be patient," Amanda said. Todd turned to leave. "And Thanks!" Amanda called after him. He glanced over his shoulder and gave her a smile.

Amanda leaned up against the door thinking, He better get over those issues soon.
Post a Comment