Saturday, April 8, 2017

Staying Behind

Amanda and Trisha were at the coffee shop talking excitedly about their upcoming events. Trisha talked about her booth at the Strawberry Festival.

"This is the last one," Trisha sighed, "I'll probably stick to prints and swag with what I have, then if I travel, it's because I want to."

"So a semi-retirement of sorts?" Amanda asked, "But you like to paint."

"I may pick it back up eventually," Trisha said, "but what made me realize that I should be backing off is the fact that I won't be able to travel with you two when you go to Vermont. You know, to keep an eye on both of you?"

Amanda felt herself blush. "It's still a plutonic relationship at the moment. He still has some things to work out, but to be honest, so do I."

"The whole memory thing is still bothering you?"

"Well, if it weren't for this 'key' that people keep talking about, I would be happy to be blissfully unaware of my past, but this really needs to be put to rest before someone gets seriously injured."

Trisha nodded. They both silently sipped their flavored coffee for a few minutes.

"With you and Todd gone, I have to take over," Trisha said as if it were a matter of fact.

Amanda gave her an odd look.

"I'm kidding!" Trisha said, "It's not like I know anything about managing a building."

Amanda chuckled a little, but it seemed that Trisha's sudden statement made sense.
Post a Comment