Sunday, July 2, 2017

All Together - sort of

Todd stepped outside to let Amanda dress. She was glad that they placed her into one of the officer's quarters for some privacy.

When they were a few feet from the meeting room, Todd stopped and grabbed Amanda's arm. She stopped and turned to look at him.

"Listen," He said, "I'm sorry. I know I could handle things better. I was afraid and-"

Amanda stopped him. "I think we are going to have more problems ahead of us. We have enough to deal with now."

Amanda paused a moment to gather her thoughts.

"I've made my share of mistakes," she sighed, "If I get angry at you, I might as well as be furious with myself."

Todd paused for a moment. Then he looked past Amanda towards the meeting room door. He took a deep breath and nodded.

Amanda was the first to step into the room. She wasn't surprised to see Brian and Robert there.

Stanley was also there. While she suspected as much, she became concerned.

"I," she stammered, "I recognize you, but I can't-" She stopped.

"I think the last time you saw me, I was in my sixth cycle," Stanley said.

"Well, that explains some of it at least," Amanda chuckled nervously, "I guess I wouldn't recognize you even if I didn't lose my memory."

It still bugged her.

Then there sat at the table, Paul Cohen and Randall Gibson.

"I'm surprised that Trisha isn't here."

Amanda remembered Trisha. It was hard to forget a childhood friend.

"Well," Todd said, "Someone has to hold down the fort, so to speak."

Amanda nodded.

Just then Master Chief Taylor walked in.

"Is everyone here?" He asked. "Good, let's get started."

Everyone in that room had some explaining to do.
Post a Comment