Monday, July 24, 2017

Draw

Roger and Amanda picked a secluded area just outside of town.  The Uber driver warned them of wandering too far from the road. It seemed that he did this before.

"I've got GPS," Amanda said holding up her phone, "and a full battery."

The driver shook his head and drove off.

When they got far enough from the road, Amanda though "Test."

Roger chuckled. "I don't think anyone can pick us up out here."

Amanda turned around and smiled at him.

"You know," Roger said, "When I first saw you, I knew that you were a strong one."

"Really?" Amanda said, "I didn't think I was that strong."

"After years of mentoring," Roger said, "I found higher the level the student is, the less likely they think they are. When I tell them how high of a level they reached, they're baffled."

Amanda nodded. She remembered.

"There is rikta energy here, but it's weak," Roger said.

Amanda paused for a moment, then shook her head, "I don't feel it."

"It's there. Once you feel it, you won't be able to ignore it," Roger said.

Amanda nodded and closed her eyes. At that moment she could sense Roger trying to guide her.

He was right, it was there, but it was faint. Amanda tried to draw from it.

"Ugh!" Amanda said, "It's like trying to get the last few drops of water at the bottom of a glass cup through a tiny straw."

She realized that she was too tense and shook her hands to relax.

"You are right, though. I can sense it now. I just don't know if I can pull some out of so little."

"You can do it," Roger said, "Try again."

Amanda took a deep breath; then she had an idea. She took her sneakers and socks off.

"What are you doing?" Roger asked.

"Rikta energy is generated underground. If I have less between me and the ground, I may be able to find enough to draw on."

Roger nodded, and Amanda closed her eyes again.

Sure enough, she felt it on the ground more. She worked with that and was able to pull enough energy to give to Roger. She knew that the tumor was draining him.

"You did it!" Roger said happily. He was nearly in tears.

"I did," Amanda said, "Didn't I? Unfortunately, it's not enough. I can't use it to work on our tumors. There's got to be areas where there rikta energy is stronger."

Roger nodded, "Unfortunately, in this part of the planet, people have pretty much paved over every abundant source. It's as if the humans were attracted to it without realizing it. Since no one considered the energy when building the cities, most of it is barely inaccessible.

Amanda was disappointed.

Roger took out his phone and started to walk in the direction of the road. Then he stopped.

"You know," He said, "There's a lot of national forests that might have some pockets. Maybe we will find one of them sometime soon."

Roger started walking again, and Amanda ran to catch up.

Post a Comment